WELCOME TO OLSA INTERNATIONAL
CERTIFIED SPANISH UNIVERSITY
Medellin’s best Spanish language school.
OLSA International is the only certified Spanish language academy in Medellin, Colombia that is focused on Spanish fluency, not just Spanish theory. Our Certified Spanish University courses are aligned with the United States university system’s Spanish 101, Spanish 102, Spanish 201 and Spanish 202. Our unique courses offer a distinct advantage over traditional Spanish university courses because, although our curriculum follows all state standards, as a private academy, we are free to put Spanish into practice through daily conversation sessions with native Latin bilingual speakers live from Medellin, Colombia!
Take a look below for more information about our tutoring program, substitute teacher services, Spanish University and AP Spanish courses, and our Study Abroad program. Your future is important to us. Join us at OLSA!
QUALITY VIRTUAL SPANISH EDUCATION
Learn Spanish with Native Latin Bilingual Speakers
Our overall goal here at OLSA International is to help to bring the beautiful Spanish language and the rich Latin culture to life through quality live Spanish instruction and real-time interaction with native speakers currently living in Medellin, Colombia. Our methodologies help our students to think in Spanish, instead of thinking in English and translating to Spanish. This leads to a higher level of natural thought expression and impromptu hearing / understanding / speaking abilities; Ultimately, this gives our students the preparation and confidence to enter jobs where actually communicating in Spanish is a priority.
Our Virtual Spanish courses have two primary objectives.
1. Present the student with traditional university Spanish courses that satisfy the US standards for Spanish 101, Spanish 102, Spanish 201 and Spanish 202.
2. Go beyond the traditional Spanish university course standards by focusing on the student’s oral Spanish fluency through live immersive interaction with our native bilingual Latin staff. In short, OLSA International students learn to SPEAK Spanish instinctively; giving them the competitive advantage in the real-world job market.
Here’s what you can expect from OLSA International’s Virtual Spanish programs. You can see more information about each program below.
– Spanish Tutoring: Have an exam coming up? Prepare for your exam with bilingual native Spanish-speakers! Get help with your homework. Or, improve your Spanish fluency with conversational Spanish classes. Put yourself in a position to be successful!
– Spanish Substitute Teacher: Not feeling well? OLSA International has a number of bilingual OLSA-trained native Spanish-speaking teachers ready to step into your class on short notice. OLSA’s Spanish substitute program is directed by two time Arizona state private school Teacher of the Year finalist, Shane Keeley (see About the Owner below in this box).
– Full-Charge Homeschool Classes: Bring quality and practical Spanish education to your homeschool group. Participate in the same curriculum being taught in the high schools and universities, but on a more personal basis. OLSA International’s native, certified, bilingual, Latin American teachers live in Medellín, Colombia and are a part of the Latin American culture. For authenticity, there’s no substitute for teachers who live their subject matter.
– Full-Charge Classes – Standard: Save your school a lot of money by contracting OLSA International for your virtual Spanish classes. OLSA International’s government-certified curriculum (Vistas/Facetas) is used by universities throughout the United States. Our native, certified, bilingual, Latin American teachers will bring tremendous validity to your Spanish program as they go beyond the state standards with first-hand experience of life and culture in Latin America.
– AP Spanish Accelerated Course: Reward your more driven students with OLSA International’s flagship program – AP Spanish. This program meets two hours daily for a more intensive and apprenticeship-based Spanish class. The first one-hour session, grammar, is limited to 12 students. The second one-hour session, conversation, is divided into even more personalized groups of a maximum 6 students for highly interactive Spanish drills, games and conversation. This program is designed for Spanish conversational fluency within two years.
– Year abroad: Spend a year studying in a Medellín, Colombia with OLSA International! In addition to developing maturity, self-confidence, and gaining Spanish fluency, it will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Gap-year and university students can attend OLSA International, living in one of the many apartments near the academy, and still take virtual classes at their home university! OLSA International is licensed by the government to sponsor student visas.
WE CAN SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY!
Higher quality learning experience
The OLSA International Virtual Spanish University courses can save your school a lot of money and give your students a much higher quality immersive learning experience. By choosing OLSA International’s Virtual Spanish University courses:
- Your university can eliminate the cost of payroll taxes, insurance costs, 401K matching, insurance, etc.
- Your students will have the benefit of learning from native Latin American bilingual teachers who are university-certified in teaching Spanish as a second language to foreigners – they are specialists!
- You can charge your students for a three-credit semester course plus a lab course/fee, however, instead of only three hours of study per week, your students will receive TEN hours of study and interactive practice each week! Our program is more than Spanish grammar, it’s a Spanish apprenticeship.
- Your university does not need to worry about substitute teachers/canceled classes as our academy employs a team of teachers whom are present daily for emergency situations. We also follow the United States (or your university’s) academic calendar.
- Our courses exceed standards. In addition to the grammatical standards required by the state, OLSA International specializes in conversational Spanish. Our focus is that your students actually speak Spanish by the end of their two years of study.
- Your students also have the option for a one-year study abroad program. OLSA International is licensed with the Ministry of Education of Colombia to sponsor student visas. Your students could actually experience up to a year, or more, of immersive Spanish study with OLSA International, all the while taking virtual classes with your university. A year in Colombia (including room and board) is about a third of the price of the same year in the United States, which could make an immersive year abroad with OLSA International a key point of difference for marketing students at your university.
VIRTUAL STUDENT CLASSES/TUTORINGGo one-on-one! Get help with your Spanish homework, or work on your conversational Spanish skills. It's your choice!
Our friendly team is here to help and encourage you! It's not just for kids! Adults are welcome, too!
Contact Shane Keeley, director of OLSA International. WhatsApp +57 311 394 0669, or email to email@example.com
Sessions must be used within 30 days of first session.
Minimum 48 hours notice required to cancel/reschedule session.
5 SESSIONS = PRIVATE CLASSES $100.00 USD
10 SESSIONS = PRIVATE CLASSES $180.00 USD
15 SESSIONS = PRIVATE $240.00 USD
20 SESSIONS = PRIVATE CLASSES $300.00 USD
SUBSTITUTE TEACHING - SPANISHNeed a substitute Spanish teacher? GO TO THE SOURCE! Experienced native Latin American substitute Spanish teachers living in Medellín, Colombia.
Clean accent / Bilingual / OLSA-trained
Contact Shane Keeley, director of OLSA International. Whatsapp +57 311 394 0669, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-Term Spanish Class Teacher Substitute
Long-Term Spanish Class Teacher Substitute
Full Immersion Spanish Class Teacher Substitute
LIVE VIRTUAL SPANISH CLASSROOM - STANDARD CLASSExperience a world-class Spanish education with OLSA International's government-certified full-year, full-charge courses.
Our full-charge four-year high school and two-year university courses are certified by the Secretary of Education of Medellín and the Ministry of Education of Colombia.
Our university-certified native Spanish teachers are extremely professional and experienced.
Our certified curriculum (Vistas/Facetas) is highly interactive and is used by universities throughout the United States.
DON'T FORGET: With OLSA International there are no payroll taxes, no health insurance costs, no 401K matching. We take care of it all in-house!
HOMESCHOOL - One class set per week, standard, or block, schedule, minimum 12, maximum 20 students per class = $1.200 USD per student, per year.
HIGH SCHOOL - Four class sets per week, standard, or block, schedule, up to 16 students per class = $44.000 USD per year.
$10,000 USD per additional class set per year after four class sets.
UNIVERSITY - Three-credit course, standard, or block, schedule. OLSA does the teaching, your university makes up to $3,000 USD (or more) per student, per semester.
Minimum 8, maximum 14 students per class (at 16 students we would divide the class between two teachers - no additional cost).
SEE MORE DETAILS
LIVE VIRTUAL SPANISH CLASSROOM - AP SPANISHAP Spanish - accelerated, specialized and highly conversationally-immersive Spanish courses for students interested in: majoring in Spanish, working in a Spanish-speaking environment, or traveling to a Spanish-speaking country. These specialized double-blocked courses are two hours daily, four days per week (one hour for grammar and one hour for conversational practice - Wednesdays are office hours). Due to the course's intensity, maximum of 12 students are allowed per grammar set and a maximum of 6 students are allowed per conversational set. Class must have a minimum of 4 students.
If your goal is Spanish fluency, this is the course for you!
DON'T FORGET: With OLSA International, there are no payroll taxes, no health insurance costs, no 401K matching. We take care of it all in-house!
HOMESCHOOL - One class set per week, double-block schedule, 8 hours of study per week + office hours = $2,500 per student, per semester.
HIGH SCHOOL - One class set per week, double-block schedule, up to 12 students per class = $20,000 per year, per class.
UNIVERSITY - Three-credit Spanish 101, 102, 201, 202 course + three-credit Conversational Spanish course (your university code).
OLSA does the teaching, your university makes up to $5,000 USD (or more) per student, per semester.
SEE MORE DETAILS
SPEND A YEAR ABROAD!Experience Medellín personally! Become fluent in Spanish in just one year! Continue to study your core university courses remotely!
At OLSA International, you don´t just learn the Spanish grammar, you actually learn to SPEAK Spanish on a conversational level.
We are the ONLY certified academy in Medellín with this focus! AND, we are government-licensed to sponsor student visas!
All courses meet 14 hours per week (8 hours grammar + 6 hours conversation)
5% discount for two courses, 7% discount for three courses, 10% discount for all four courses
Group courses (3 - 8 students) = $1.250.000 COP per month
Partner courses (2 students) = $1.600.000 COP per month
Private courses (1 student) = $2.600.000 COP per month
OLSA VIRTUAL SPANISH UNIVERSITY - CURRICULUM MAP
WHY STUDY AT OLSA INTERNATIONAL?
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
If you are interested in one of our programs, products, or would simply like to contact us, please complete the form below. We will never share any of your information with any third party organizations. All fields are required.